SwyxIT native in RDS / WVD (Azure) environment without CTI using remote audio

Olof

Hi there,

Does anybody know if it is possible to force SwyxIT to use RemoteAudio device so it can run natively in a RDS / WVD environment so without having to deploy SwyxIT software on local (privately owned) devices or to use it in a Dell Wyse environment with RDP clients.

Currently Swyx indicates it is not supporting this. See: https://service.swyx.net/hc/en-gb/articles/360003414900-SwyxIt-Popup-configuration-for-Terminal-Server-Scenarios

27 minutes ago, srom said:

I think with WVD and Client it has an Chance to work, but with no support.

With RDS i test it, this work not stable

How did you test it with RDS? As I even don’t get it to work with remote audio?

• Most Valued User

This was an OnPrem RDS Farm 2019, with Remote Audio at an ThinClient i think Eagle and Dell.

With 1-2 Clients it Sems it Worms After  all IT Workers (10-15) Test it ist Stucks.

Early Day and Later in Worms with low Members.

They works now with 2 Clients, local with RemoteConnector and Headset and RDS Client with CTI at local Client.

On 4/25/2021 at 12:00 PM, Olof said:

How did you test it with RDS? As I even don’t get it to work with remote audio?

How were you able to test it? Is there a non documented feature to enable it?

51 minutes ago, srom said:

Hi there, the question is not how to setup remote audio redirection in a terminal server environment but how to get SwyxIT to use it. I feel it is disabled somehow nowadays. Running version 12.20.18089. 

Remote Audio works as we are using MS Teams Audio in a TS environment and in the test session audio redirection is working fine with MS Teams client but SwyxIT does not work with remote audio.

• Most Valued User

For my Informstion this is an no valid and Support solutin wird Swyx.

For me only Swyx/Netphone was relevant, theoretisch RDS Audio  comes from IT Worker at my Customer.

This was in 2019.

Just to update on this topic; Swyx has confirmed: "We do activly supress the remote audio with the swyxit.
Remote Audio via Terminalserver Session is not supported" Hopefully they will come up with a solution that works in a RDS/WVD environment natively soon before they loose more customers to MS Teams.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Most Valued User

I've just talked to Enreach, the documentation is currently being created. The information, how to set up the remote audio feature was published in the Swyx 13.10 update course, so every Enreach partner should be able to get this information and give it to it's customers.

• 1 month later...

Posted February 8the documentation is currently being created... Here i found it: Audiogeräte für Remotedesktop-Umgebung konfigurieren (swyx.com)

For Swyx use: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Swyx\Client Line Manager\CurrentVersion\Options

For Netphone use: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\T-Com\Client Line Manager\CurrentVersion\Options

REG_DWORD "EnableRemoteAudio" value=0x01
Restart Netphone and kill CLMgr.exe if it is still running. Under Local Configuration > Audio > Select "Remoteaudio"

Tested with Windows10(RDP Host) and Win10 RDP Client...