Forum Update

Tom Wellige

Within the next few days a new version of the forum software will be installed.

It will come with a lot of nice and handy new stuff, like a fully responsive skin (very nice on mobile devices and tablets!), easy picture or file attachments via drag & drop, and much more. I am using that version already somewhere else and it's getting time to let also all you guys benefit from it.

There is one major thing that will change with that new version:

As of today a user has a login name and a display name. After the update there will only be a display name

This means, that you will have to login using your display name and password, either here or in your tapatalk.

A final date for the update is not yet set, but it will be scheduled soon and I will let you know as soon as possible.

That went faster as expected ;) 

My forum provider performed the update last night and it is up to me know, to get the old colouring scheme back. The old one was completely lost during the update.

So I guess over the next few days you will notice some changes here and there in the forum, until it matches my taste again.

As always: if you face any problems with the forums let me know, and I will try to get it fixed for you.

Hi Joern,

the tapatalk plugin is updated and I am writing this post from within the tapatalk client on my mobile.

Please keep in mind, that you have to change your login information for Swyx Forum, as it uses now the display name for logging in, and not the old login name any more.

Archived