UK 141 - Withhold Number

Daniel Gradwell

Afternoon All,

In the UK, to withhold your CLI, we have to prefix the outbound called number with 141. When I do this with Swyx, I dial

914101*********

But Swyx does not like this and SNumberRepl:auxReplace changes it to 9[ac]14101********* - [ac] Location area code

Does anyone know how to configure Swyx to handle this correctly. I have changed the Outbound Called profile to Subscriber and this allows me to dial correctly but then I can't dial local numbers within my Area Code.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response.

Do you know if there is a way in Swyx to handle for a user switching on the Hide Number function, currently the calls go out with the calling party number as anonymous but we need this to go out as the normal number and add 141 to the called party number?

Thanks

Dan

• Most Valued User

I am not sure what you're looking for. Obviously the hide number button on the Skin sets the system to send anonymous and is a toggle button, does your user require the same sort of thing but changing the action to 141 in which case this is not possible.

You can however use a button to send 141, which they have to press each time they dial a number. In which case program a speed dial button to be 9141 as below. (you will still need the number replacement set up)

So when the dial out instead of dialing 9 they press this button then the number. This of course wont help with click to dial.

If they want a toggle option for users, the only option I can thing of is to replace the trunk access code fro 9 to say 7. Then create a call routing user as extension 9. When a user dials out using 9 the script captures the number they dialled and prefixes it with 141 if a certain variable is set for that user. If not the call goes straight out. There are a couple of issues with this. 1. Call reporting won't be a lot of use. 2. All callers when they dial out will here 1 burst of ringing as the script answeres the call. Then the normal call progress tones will be heard. So if you call a number thats engaged for example, the callers will hear, 1 burst of ringing then an enganged tone. So this option is far from ideal, but I have used it a couple of times where the limitations were not as important as the flexibility.

Another option may be to set up a second sip trunk, and use number signaling in the second trunk to always present a certain number (ie a 141xxxxxxxxxxx number) 

Honestly there a so many ways of manipulating the presented number, the real question is what is the customer expectation of how to use the feature, then work back from there. Npt everything is eactly possible but you should be able to give the customer something that meets their needs with a little give an take.

image.thumb.png.59614d384f351e728fd99317195c907d.png

Hi Mark,

What the customer wants to be able to do is switch on the Hide Number / URI function within Swyx IT and it prefix the outbound number with 141 rather than sending as anonymous but you said this is not possible.

I will advise them that they will need to dial the 141 and not use the Hide Number function.

Thanks

Dan