Locked Pinned SPAM Prevention

The forum faced huge SPAM attacks lately, which forced me for a while to enforce not only the email validation for new users but also a manual approval by me of each new user.

As this is time consuming for new users (as they have to wait for my approval) and for me (checking regularly for new users to approve or delete them) this was definitely not a final solution for the SPAM problem.

Over the last couple of days I managed to get some extended SPAM prevention integrated into Swyx Forum. I will not get into details here, what kind of meassures are taken to detect and block SPAM and SPAMMERS.

There is one (of many) new feature though I want and need to make you aware of: there is a brand new AI based post analysis enabled, which takes a look on the content of new posts being made here. From the manufacturer of this feature:

If enabled, any content submissions made by a user with less than 5 posts, or dormant users who have not posted in 6 months, will be analyzed for potential spam and a score between 1 (not likely to be spam) and 5 (very likely to be spam) will be returned. Note, no content is stored once it has been analyzed.

Depending on the returned SPAM score a new post will be accpeted, placed under moderation (so that it would need an approval by a moderator) or immediately blocked.

The analysis will not be done for posts of members of any user group unlike "Members", so for example "Most Valued Users" or "Bloggers". They have earned their trust and there is no need to let any AI check their posts.

I am sure all of this will lead to a nicer (and less stressful - at least for me) forum experience. 

Enjoy your staying here!